Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Here's to a Happy 2010!!

Wow, where has the time gone? I can honestly ask that since the past month and a half have flown by...it seems ever since I finished my treatment, time is just escaping me, scary isn't it?

I'd like to start by saying I'm sorry I didn't do this entry sooner to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! Ours was fun, the boys had a blast and we had a great visit with Dave's family. Yup, 17 of them here on Saturday! It was so nice though, to be healthy and enjoy everyone's company. The last time they were all here at our house was right before Dave started his chemo, over 16 months ago...so, this time it was nice that we all felt good and could just see how far we've come since they visited with us last!

I still can't believe that 2010 is just about a day and a half away...where did this last decade go? Oh my, so much has happened over the past 10 years, and we made it through pretty unscathed. Dave and I have SO MUCH to be thankful for and we don't take any of it for granted. It's mind boggling to process everything that has transpired, but at the same time, it's neat to see where we are now, who we are and how things have worked out. I know we've met some pretty awesome people, especially in the past year and a half, and I look forward to all those people that will be brought into our paths in the future.

I'll touch base via the blog every once and a while to keep you up-to-date. My next visit with the Oncologist is in March (after my next mammogram in February) so I know I'll put a post up before that...I don't want to take for granted the ability to write, put my thoughts down, have somewhere to share what my journey has been like. This blog has been very therapeutic and I'm thankful for this outlet.

I hope and pray that you all have a very Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year! God Bless!

2 comments:

Misty said...

Happy 2010!! Hear's to a happy and HEALTHY New Year:) Grateful for the update and to hear that all is well:) God bless you all:)

ter@waaoms said...

Hi I just came across your blog in a google search.

My husband was diagnosed with liposarcoma in February 2008. Unfortunately, he lost his battle in November 2008. I haven't read through your entire blog yet, but it looks like both you and your husband are doing well, and I'm glad for that.