Monday, August 17, 2009

Met with the Radiation Oncologist

Well, I'm almost 2 weeks out since my last chemo. It's been interesting, mentally I'm great, knowing that the chemo is behind me is such a relief. My body on the other hand, is experiencing the effects of chemo and I just want that behind me too! I have to remind myself that the effects are cumulative and give myself a break. The nausea has lasted a lot longer than the previous rounds and my feet and ankles have been swollen which is another side effect. I still get tired pretty easily so I'm trying to rest up when I can...I'm getting better every day though and know that the yuckiness of chemo will be behind me soon.

I met with Dr. Gargus, my Radiation Oncologist this past Thursday. He's got me coming back on 8/26 for my CT scan at 11:00 AM. They'll do some preliminary markings to get me set up for my Radiation. At 1:00 PM that same day, I have a Diagnostic Mammogram and see how things look. Oh well, good to get it all done and know how things are going! Going to all these doctors appointments isn't always fun, but it comes with the package. I'm thankful that I don't work right now and can do these while the boys are at school. Knowing that I'll be going through 33 rounds of radiation is just something that will be part of my schedule for 6- 1/2 weeks. Just a blip on the radar though and hopefully will fly by without any problems.

We're staying busy with our kitchen remodel and getting the kids back in their school routine. I'm grateful for so many friends that have been supporting me and know that without them, I wouldn't be where I am today. Some friends from church got together last Tuesday for a "No More Chemo" celebration. It was so nice to get together with friends and just celebrate the fact that part of my treatment being done. I certainly hope we'll have many celebrations. Life to too short not to enjoy these special moments and so, I will be looking forward to many more gatherings!!!

No comments: