Tuesday, August 25, 2009

More Appointments

Well, I thought I should do an update here since it's been a while. Today marks 3 weeks from my last chemo round and I'm so happy because I'm NOT getting chemo today!!! Yep, since April 21st, every three weeks I was getting chemo. But, I do go in to see my Oncologist this afternoon. I'll do an update to let you know how the appointment goes. I'm not really sure of what to expect, hopefully he'll tell me I can get my port out soon, we shall see.

Tomorrow, I go to my Radiation Oncologist's office for my CT scan. I believe this is the beginning of my radiation treatment. I know he said they'll mark me (I guess with a Sharpie or something) and then schedule the Simulation, etc. I'll update you more on that too, when I know more. Seems like a lot of doctor's appointments to go to and will know a lot more afterwards. I also have a Diagnostic Mammogram set up for tomorrow afternoon. I can't believe it's already been 6 months since this all started. Actually I can believe it, it seems like time has stood still, at least for my bald head. My hair is just not coming in like I was hoping, but I need to be patient. Now that no more chemo is getting pumped into me, my hair (and nails) will get a chance to grow back in like they should. My eyelashes are still with me, but my eyebrows are quite sparse. Thank goodness for eyebrow pencil!!! I think makeup is KEY to a woman who has no hair and is losing what little she does have on her face (eyebrows to be exact). Anyway, all I know is I look a heck of a lot better with my makeup on than off!

Well, that's all for now. I'm feeling GREAT thank goodness. It definitely took me a lot longer to feel normal after this last round of chemo, but that's o.k., at least it's all done! I'll follow up after my appointments these next two days to let you know what the good doctors have to say!

No comments: