Thursday, August 27, 2009

Good News!!!

So, I saw Dr. Landis, my main Oncologist on Tuesday afternoon. He looked over everything, chatted a little, did an exam and at the end told me, "I'll see you in 6 months!" Woo hoo, music to my ears! Don't get me wrong, excellent doctor, excellent staff, just not a place I want to be at every 3 weeks! I was so happy to check out of there! I got my pink Breast Cancer Awareness magnet for the back of my car...kind of like a graduation present! (Although it cost me $5, it's for a good cause!)

Yesterday, I had 2 appointments and believe me, by the end of the day I was exhausted. The first was with the Radiation Oncologist to line me up and mark me for my upcoming Radiation. After that, I drove about 30 minutes away for my Diagnostic Mammogram. Everything was clear!! Yay!! All the torture of chemo worked. I can't believe that 6 months has gone by since my mammogram in February when I was diagnosed. I'd say, "Time flies when you're having fun", but, I gotta be honest and say I wasn't having a whole lot of fun these last 6 months (there were some good moments)...suffice it to say, I was happy to get a clean report and know that I've got 6 more months until my next mammogram!

I also went to the surgeon's office today and got my port removal procedure scheduled for next Tuesday. Both my Oncologist and Radiation Oncologist said that I have no need for the port anymore and that it's fine to come out. Good riddance I say! I was happy to have it in there for the chemo but I am over and done with that now so get that port out of me!!

Well, that's about all for now...we're focusing on our kitchen remodeling which has been a great diversion. It's good to have something to look forward to and I know we'll like having this project completed!

No comments: