Sunday, March 22, 2009

Signs

Well, let me bring you up to date...Dave's sisters both saw how well Dave was doing on Friday so they took off to get back to their homes and gave us a quiet day at home. We appreciated them being here with us and also appreciated the fact that they saw Dave was well enough and we needed a quiet day here while the boys were at school.

Dave's been up and around with one crutch and amazing all of us with how well he's doing. I'm doing fine, still having some pain in my right armpit area but I'm hoping that in time, I'll get my range of motion back. Just taking it one day at a time and thankful that we've been able to get through so much with little complications in this last month.

Today I took the boys to church (Grace Fellowship, Snellville, GA) and left Dave home...I don't want him to gross anyone out with his drains...anyway, Buddy's sermon was about Signs...I know that God is taking Dave and me through our journeys with cancer so that somehow, some way, we can help others. I don't want to over think it or read too much into it, but all I know, is that through the whole journey we've both been on, I can just see the outpouring of love and care from those around us and I know this pleases God. He wants us to care for each other, this brings Him joy. If there are ways we can help others who have cancer, then we're here to do it. God is granting us peace and grace to get through each day and I'm more aware of that now than I have ever been before.

This coming week is a big week for both Dave and myself. We get our pathology reports, he gets his drains out, I meet with the Radiation Oncologist and the Oncologist. We'll keep you posted on the results and again, thank you for your continued support.

2 comments:

Misty said...

I'm lovin' reading your blog, Holly, thank you so much for sharing your journey w/me! I'm blessed to have found you and Dave on here:O) I know God is sustaining us all..."in Him all things hold together"! I'm so amazed at how well Dave is doing may God continue to grant you both quick recoveries and as few hiccups along the way as possible!! I know He hears our prayers! We are praying for the Novaks!! I'm honored to 'know' you. ~Misty

perry1000 said...

Hey Holly,

I just wanted you to know I'll be thinking about both of you tomorrow as you see your doctors. I'm praying for good news!

~ Pam Perry