Friday, April 24, 2009

Feeling some bone pain...

So, I figured I'd do an update to let you know how things are going. As far as nausea goes, it seems to be passing for which I am thankful. Last night though, I started to feel the bone pain that I heard about and took some Lortab before bed. The Neulasta shot which is given to help the white cells come back quicker has different side effects and the bone pain is one of them. Dave didn't experience this (or he said it wasn't too bad, nothing to complain about), but I can feel it. My sister-in-law, Barbara (the oncology nurse), told me that she's seen patients receive the exact same type of treatments and then have very different side effects, it's just up to how your body handles things. She also said that some people's bone pain is so severe that they beg the doctor to not give them the Neulasta injections.

So, I took a walk this morning with a neighbor, and as simple as it sounds, it was just great getting outside, getting fresh air and enjoying this beautiful weather. I know it's going to be a lot hotter this afternoon, so I'm glad to be able to have had a walk already. They say it's good to stay active, so I'm going to try to get out as often as I'm up to it.

Well, I'd like to write more, but, for once, I'm at a loss for words...could be the Lortab, or more chemo brain setting in, but I'm going to sign off for now. As always, thank you for your encouragement and prayers, it's what is carrying us through!

1 comment:

olivialynne said...

Glad to hear u are hanging in there.I read Daves blog last night... what a guy !! Such a supportive family, and adorable boys. (They might not like that description)We are all thinking and praying for you and yours. Our journey is about to begin soon. A woman I work with has a husband that has retroperitoneal liposarcoma. He was dx'd in '96 and is doing quite well.