Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What a Difference a Few Days can Make

So, from my last post, Sunday was a really, really hard day. Actually, I should make that a 1/2 a day...I literally felt like I had been hit by a truck. Everything hurt, the nausea was back, it was just plain HORRIBLE. Around 11:30 AM though, I took some anti-nausea meds and a Lortab and laid down for a nap. After sleeping for 1 1/2 hours, I felt almost new again. Seriously, it was amazing.

I had energy, I took the boys to get their haircut, went for an ice cream afterwards, made an easy dinner that night, I was just so incredibly thankful my "low" didn't last for very long. Maybe it'll get worse with each treatment (cumulative effect), I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Yesterday, I felt o.k., not great, not bad, but I did want to put a call into the doctor's office to talk with a nurse. I was concerned about my numb lips and it seemed like my tongue was a tad swollen. I didn't think that was a good sign, so when I spoke with the nurse, they did say they wanted me to come in and see the Nurse PA.

I went in and met with the Nurse, she thought that side effect was a little odd, suggested some Benadryl, no biggie and then they drew my labs. Thank God for the PORT!!! That is saving me so much trauma from the nurses trying to find a good vein that will want to cooperate and relinquish some blood. Anyway, my labs came back fine, white counts were a little low, but nothing to be alarmed over. Whew!

So, I woke up today, Tuesday, and I feel like a new woman! Yippee! I had done so much around the house (stripping and making beds, laundry, sweeping out the garage, dishes, went for a 40 minute walk), I came home and now I'm tired...hmm, think I overdid it just a little...it's good though, feeling better is good.

I went to the "Look Good, Feel Good" class last night which was a lot of fun. The ladies that conducted the class were very knowledgeable and also we got to bring home a "goodie bag" with lots of cosmetics and other fun stuff. It's main sponsor is the American Cancer Society.

Closing on this note, Dave, the boys and I will be participating in the Relay for Life for the first time. Right now I've set a goal of $1000 to raise (the relay is the weekend of May 9th). If you are interested in contributing towards this phenomenal cause, here's a link to My Relay for Life page (http://main.acsevents.org/goto/HollyNovak). And yes, it's tax deductible!

2 comments:

olivialynne said...

Holly great news that you are getting some good feeling days. I hope my daughter does too.She went to see her plastic surgeon today to see how well her stitches were healing. Not too good. a little glitch in the road. She is back in hosp right now getting them redone. But on good side...she is stage 2 with 1 ln involved. We are ok with that.She has her protocol all set up. Hope she does as well as u. You are an inspiration ...so is Dave. Please know you and your family are and will always be in our thoughts and prayers. So glad u r doing well !!!!

Kathy Sharp said...

Hi, Holly! It's great to hear that you are feeling better. Please post a link to your RFL donation page. :o)