Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy 4th of July Wishes!

Wow, it's hard to believe that this year is half-way over and here we are, about to celebrate the 4th of July. I'd ask the rhetorical, "where does the time go?" question, but we know...at least I do. We are coming up on the year anniversary (July 15th) of when Dave was diagnosed. What a year! I NEVER would have imagined this for our lives, but, we're making it through...sometimes plodding through, but we're getting through, slowly but surely.

I've been feeling somewhat "normal" since Monday or so (it's Thursday)...as always, it's good to feel good again. And two more rounds...now how about that? I'm so tickled I can hardly stand it! There was something psychological of getting through the 4th round that was empowering. I know the end is in sight and I can get there! It helped that I felt so much better this time and the chemo wasn't as hard on me as the last round. I did take the time to go to a dermatologist today to have my itchy, red, irritated skin looked at. It's definitely a combination of the chemo, my very sensitive, dry skin and the sun...not surprised. They've prescribed a lotion that should really help my skin and I'll do my darnedest to stay out of the sun or cover up and use sunscreen faithfully like the doctor suggested. Oh the joys!

We've been staying busy this week which is good. It's finally fun to have the boys home and enjoy the summer like it's meant to be. We've been at the park and pool almost every day and running lots of errands getting ready for the holiday weekend. We, for the first time in 6 or 7 years are NOT hosting a 4th of July gathering. Instead, we are going to 2 of them! That's the way I like it! Actually, we've had a lot of fun in the past cooking out, having our own fireworks show in the cul-de-sac and like being home, but, it'll be nice to bring some side dishes enjoy being with family and friends.

So, with this being said, I wish you all and Happy and Safe 4th of July!

No comments: