Saturday, June 27, 2009

Still hanging in there...

So, for whatever reason, I feel much better this time around than my last round. This is excellent news...but I don't want to jinx myself, so I'm not going to go on too much about it. I do think that the Claritin helped with my bone pain this time so I will continue to take it during my last 2 rounds. This round I took about 3 Lortab (total) which is great. I don't like how knocked out I get on Lortab so I really don't want to take them if I don't need to.

Yesterday, Dave & I went over to the new park near our house and walked. I did one lap (about 1.4 miles), but I was very happy with that. Dave did a second lap (which I usually do 2 - 3 laps), but I didn't want to push myself and it was starting to get hot. There's nothing worse than having hot flashes when you're walking and it's pushing 80 - 90 degrees outside. I know the walking is doing me good though and I will continue to do so, especially when I can get up and out when it's cooler (like at 6:30 in the morning). Crazy, crazy weather. I'm getting to be a softy this summer because I'm inside so much, but then I look around and so is everyone else! It's almost too hot to go to the pool! I'm not going into anything about global warming and whatnot, it's just plain hot here in Atlanta, that's all there is to it!

Well, I guess that is about it for now. Thank you for your continued support, I'm so glad that I'm on the downhill side of my chemo. I can handle one in July and my last in August! I'll be so happy to be done with this, you don't know! I guess it is helping me deal with this round knowing I'm more than 1/2 done! Yippee...whoo hoo and all that stuff! :-)

1 comment:

OneNila said...

Holly, You ARE doing SO well. Hang in there. There is nothing like looking towards the end of a hard journey. These are hard times and great victories, and you are a warrior princess in my eyes, slinging a heavy sword through to victory! Go, Holly, go! Woop woop!
Nila