Tuesday, May 12, 2009

2 Down, 4 to Go

I'm happy to post that I made it through Round #2 without incident. My mom came with me and I think she enjoyed chatting with some of the other chemo patients in the "spa" as my cousin, Ali, describes the infusion room. Anyway, it took about 3 hours and because last time, my tongue swelled some and my lips swelled and were numb, they also gave me Benadryl via infusion. Hopefully this will ward off this odd side effect.

I'm home tonight and Dave is able to go over to Buddy's for the 2nd David Wilcox concert. I really enjoyed this event last night and he needs some time off. Good coffee, good music, makes for a good evening.

So, here's to being a 1/3 of the way through with my chemo. Dave has said it's not fair that mine is so easy, and compared to his, it is a lot easier. I wouldn't wish his treatment on anyone. But at the same time it just stinks that I have to go through this too. I know I'll get through it and it certainly isn't anything we ever could have anticipated, but I know that God has a plan for us and will use it to His glory...so, I hope He uses me in ways I never would have anticipated.

1 comment:

OneNila said...

Just thinking of you and wanted to let you know. I've loved getting to know you. My heart is with you on your journey through chemo and cancer. It's so good to know the outcome for you will not be questionable. We know who your real Healer is and He holds you in the palm of His hand.