Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Feeling Great and Ready for A Much Needed Vacation!

So, I finally feel like myself again after my 2nd round of chemo. My tongue isn't swollen! It was for about 4 days...weird side effect, I know. I think of this 2nd round, my worst day by far was last Friday, when I slept, ALOT. Too much because then I had a hard time sleeping through the night. Live and learn, next time I won't take soooo many naps in one day!

Today is the last day of school for my boys. Kyle woke up being very, very excited. I would expect that out of him. Bryce, on the other hand, was a bit teary. He said he's going to miss his teacher so much and that she's the nicest teacher he's ever had. He has had wonderful teacher and I think we were extra blessed for him to have her this year, especially. She super enthusiastic, fun, does a great job with the whole class and she's just a real sweetie. I think the fact that she has an effervescent personality helps and she's one of those teachers that "all the kids hope they get". So, I understand him being a bit sad this morning. Hopefully he'll enjoy his last day and not cry it away! (I think too that this teacher will be the one that Bryce will remember having a crush on! Sweet, huh?)

So, I'm off to start packing and getting things ready for our trip. We're heading to Hilton Head Island's Disney Resort and can't wait to get there. The whole family is so very excited! We love everything Disney and decided to join the Disney Vacation Club back in 2003. They have their resorts on Disney property that we can use our "points" for, and then they have 2 Disney Resorts off property, Vero Beach and Hilton Head. We've stayed there a few times in the past and really enjoyed it. There's activities for the kids, adults, seems like you are at Disney even though you aren't. They have a Disney Beach house with a pool and cabanas and little snack type restaurant, so you don't have a care in the world. Just relax, listen to the waves, read a good book, enjoy the ocean....sounds like we're ready, huh? Being that we had to cancel our Disney Cruise last October (when Dave was getting chemo), we're more ready than ever for this trip!

You probably won't be getting an update while we're away, so, thanks again for the prayers, encouragement and continued support. My 3rd chemo round will be the Tuesday after we get back, but I'm NOT going to think about that while I'm on vacation, nope, I'm not going to let my mind go there! Take care and Happy Summer to Everyone!

No comments: