Monday, June 15, 2009

No news is great news...

Yes, it's been a few days since I've done an update, but that's a good thing right now. Thank goodness I have 2 weeks where I feel good again before I go back for my next chemo. I'm scheduled to go in every 3 weeks so, next Tuesday is Round #4...whoo hoo, at least I'm on the downhill side of chemo! I have never wanted anything to be done and over with in my whole life as I want to get through my chemo. It's just the pits and I hate feeling lousy...actually, I've never met anyone who likes feeling like they have the flu. Did I mention the salty, metalic taste that I've had this time...eww...it's just nasty. I feel like I have a constant salty taste in my mouth, and right now it's not as bad as it was right after the chemo. Oh well, I know it'll go away, eventually when I'm all done with this. Like I said, I just want to be done with it!

We've been staying busy around here with the boys and enjoying summer. I am trying to do things that are fun with the kids when I'm feeling good. Actually, my mom has given us a reprieve this week by having the boys spend the week with her and they are going to Vacation Bible School (VBS) at her church. They spent a few nights with her last summer, but this time they are gone for 5 nights. Wow, what a break! They were looking forward to spending the week with "Grammy" as Bryce has nick-named her, so it's good all the way around. The house is sooooo quiet! Oh well, I will try to get some things done this week as well as rest a little. I do feel good though, so I want to get some things done as well as getting out and exercising.

We're so excited about a new County Park that has opened less than 1 1/2 miles from our house! We took the boys there this weekend and I went this morning also to go walk/jogging. The park is beautiful and I know we will make such good use of it. The boys loved taking their scooters there while Dave and I walked. Dave is going to get set of Frisbee golf discs (Happy Father's Day!) and put them to good use. Our county is known nationally for their awesome parks, so we are very fortunate to have one so close by.

Speaking of Father's Day, wow, that just hit home. We went to Knoxville last year on Father's Day to see Dave's dad and his sister, Barbara. It was at that time that she and his mom encouraged Dave to get his leg (big muscle) checked out when we got home. I can't believe everything we've been through this past year. Well, we're just going to keep on, keeping on, one day at a time! So much has happened in this past year that we ever could have imagined. OK, sorry for the rabbit trail! I'm going to close for now...gotta get some stuff done while I've got the opportunity!

No comments: