Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Round 4 Chemo is done....

Now to get through the next 6 days or so....it's always the hardest part of the chemo round. Each day is different so you never know what to expect and it is certainly a roller coaster ride. Hopefully this round will be kinder to me and my body. I know I'm fortunate to only have to go through 6 rounds as I met a gal today, that had to go through 12 rounds. Wow, I can't imagine that and to make it worse, it was her 2nd time having to go through chemo. We each certainly have our own stories, she's a real neat lady and I hope she will be cancer-free from here on out.

Not too much else is news around here...the boys are in day camp again this week which helps me out a bunch. Bryce's group went tree climbing in downtown Atlanta (with harnesses and all), which he really enjoyed. Kyle's group is going to an Animal Safari in Pine Mountain on Friday, I'm sure he'll have a good time. It's been good for them to be busy and it allows me to have some rest time which is much appreciated during my "rough" weeks.
I'll write later when I have more to say....that's all for now!

2 comments:

perry1000 said...

I hope the next week isn't too bad for you! We're thinking of you!

Sarah and Mark have been to the Animal Safari near Pine Mountain...they LOVED it. I'm sure Kyle will love it too!!

olivialynne said...

Good Luck Holly...You have done well so far, and you will continue. Our bodies are amazing with their ability to heal. Soon you will be as good (or maybe better) than new. You have such a talent for writing...have you thought about a BOOK ??? As always, we are thinking of you all. P.S. Jen is doing better. Round 2 of chemo is done. WHEW!!