Monday, June 1, 2009

Getting Ready for Round 3

Well, we're back from our vacation to Hilton Head and I'm going in tomorrow morning for Round 3 of my chemo. It was sooooo nice to get out of town, relax, enjoy the beach, the waves, decent weather and just have fun. Dave's whole family was there (minus Zach who is in the Navy), but it was just so nice to be with the family, have a good time and forget about all the cancer "stuff" that we've been going through for almost a year now. Our family and one of Dave's sisters and her family stayed at the Hilton Head Disney Resort...we love it there, lots to do, fun pool, neat activities and just plain ol' Disney fun. His parents and other 2 sisters and their families stayed across the highway in Palmetto Dunes (on the beach) so we were able to enjoy the best of both worlds. We cooked out, went out, played at the beach, played at the pool, played ping pong, went crabbing and just had a great time. OK, so now the vacation is over and back to reality...

I'm ready for tomorrow and to be able to officially say, "I'm 1/2 way through"...it'll be like I'll be on the downhill side of chemo. It just stinks that you get to feeling good, almost normal, and then you go in and they make you feel crappy all over again. One thing for sure, I'm having A LOT more hot flashes. I guess that means the chemo is working in that it is slowing down or stopping my estrogen and progesterone production since that is what the cancer feeds off of. So, yes, I'm going into early menopause...oh well, it could be a lot worse, you know? Another plus, I don't have to shave my legs this summer! I didn't even take a razor on vacation! It was a snap getting ready too, no hair products, no blow dryer or curling iron, just throw a scarf on and I am good to go...got to keep looking for the silver lining in all this, you know.

So, I know this is short, but really, this is all I have for now. I'm sure I'll be doing another post to keep everyone up to date on how things are going. Thank you for your continued prayers and support!

No comments: